*** Apply before 8 August 2017 ***
To maintain, develop and support the electrophysiological laboratories (MEG, EEG and sleep laboratories) of the Centre for Human Brain Health (CHBH). To deliver high quality services relevant to end users (staff and students), appropriate to their needs in a way that is consistent with CHBH standards. Work with the technical and academic staff to research and evaluate and implement new technologies and software.
To provide training and technical support to CHBH users, including the development and support of users previously unfamiliar with MEG and EEG, including hardware (design and development of simple electronic circuits to interface equipment to computers using relays, digital connections etc), and software (programming support and development using e.h. Matlab).
• Degree or equivalent in relevant subject area
• Practical experience of applying the relevant skills and knowledge
• Substantive experience in MEG, EEG and associated computer hardware and software including specialist applications such as Matlab, E-Prime, Presentation. A good working knowledge of Linux and Windows.
• Ability to develop and build simple electronic devices
• Training technical and academic staff on the maintenance and use of the MEG system and associated laboratories.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and prioritise competing/conflicting demands
• Ability to communicate effectively with both experienced and inexperienced users
• Ability to analyse information with a high level of accuracy and communicate effectively
• Ability to access and organise resources successfully
Full Time/Part Time
Duration of Post
Full time starting salary is normally in the range £26,052 to £28,452. With potential progression once in post to £32,004 a year.
For further information about the post, please email Professor Ole Jensen on O.Jensen@bham.ac.uk